Literacy doesn't mean much if there's nothing to read. These people and organizations have brought new books to Laos during the past two years, by sponsoring the publication of a title. Thank you!
* Tatsumi Elementary School in Tokyo (Japan), Manoj and Bory Paul and A Sing, (USA, Cambodia, India) and Planet Wheeler (Australia): Cooking Lao Food
* Peggy Horn, (Australia) and Manoj and Bory Paul and A Sing, (USA, Cambodia, India): English is Fun!
* Robert Smith & family (U.K): Festivals Coloring Book
* The Cubit Family, and Peggy Horn (Australia): A and B went out to C
* The Cubit Family (Australia) and Manoj and Bory Paul and A Sing (USA, Cambodia, India): Farmer Yia Pao
* Peggy Horn, and Zena Carter (Australia): The Mother Fox and Her Puppies
* Champa Foundation in memory of Jan Leisink, (Netherlands) and an anonymous donor (Australia): Yellow Book about Insects
* Chris & Marilee Lucas (New Zealand): The Monkey King
* Mark & Allie Williams (United States): The Monkey is Elected to be King of the Animals
* Planet Wheeler Foundation, (Australia): The Story of Big Brother Mouse
* Peggy Horn, (Australia) and Manoj and Bory Paul and A Sing, (USA, Cambodia, India): Phiipop
* Manoj and Bory Paul, (USA and Cambodia), and The Cubit Family (Australia), Phiiphong
* Manoj and Bory Paul, (USA and Cambodia), the Cubit Family (Australia), and the IBBY Asahi Reading Promotion Award (Switzerland and Japan): I Can Read! #4: The Deer Runs Fast
* Julie McIntyre, Zena Carter, and an anonymous donor (all in Australia): I Can Read! #3: The Duck Walks Slowly
* Lesley Morgan Thompson and Alvin W. Thompson (United States): King Giant and the Honey Seller
* Helen and Chuck Dake (United States): Two Buffaloes Dance and Beat the Drum
* Lin Palmer (England): The Toad King
* Sri KDU International School (Malaysia), the runners, volunteers, and sponsors of the 2015 Luang Prabang Half Marathon (Laos), and The Australian Embassy in Vientiane: Frog, Alligator, Buffalo (Oversize teacher edition)
* The Australian Embassy in Vientiane, Cubit Family Foundation, and Brian & Gerry Warren (all of Australia): The English Picture Dictionary
* GNS Ceramics Pty Ltd. (Australia): No Bananas
* Tamara Jannink (Netherlands): Dinosaurs!
* The Australian Embassy in Vientiane, Peggy Horn (Australia), and Manoj and Bory Paul and A Sing (USA, Cambodia, India): The Hungry Frog, Siddhartha and the Swan, Lao Proverbs and The Giant Vine
* The Australian Embassy in Laos, Charles Felsenthal (USA), and Peggy Horn (Australia): Good Manners; Mulberry and Lotus; Kidnapped; Fly, Fly, Fly! and I Can Speak English!
* Planet Wheeler (Australia), Glencoe Family Foundation (USA) and the Australian Embassy in Laos: Our Lives Together
Will you join them to help promote literacy in Laos? Here's the list of titles that still need a sponsor.
Village book parties
These people have donated enough to sponsor a book party and donate more books to a rural village school. Thank you!
2017Yatai Food Cart, Denver, CO, USA * Clayton Smith * Simon Weston * Becky Schaller * Patrick Sarnacke * Jacek Nikodem * Brittany&Andrew Hart * Veronique Hunziker * Chris & Marilee Lucas * Maartje Muskens * Ray Faulkner * Gabriele Eipeldauer * Florian Reinhard & Alex Robert * Stewardship * Chris Ashton & Emma Morton * John Miller * Barbara Goedecke * Melbourne Girls Grammar School * the people of the village itself * David and Joan Adrion * Alissa Ayden * Anonymous * katherine link * Tatsumi Elementary School in Tokyo, Japan (care of Ben Schwartz and Miki Schwartz) * Tomoko Maeda * Jackie and Martin Cunliffe * Robin Wieruch * Martin & Jackie Cunliffe * Melissa Reese * Julie McIntyre * Jens Wegener * Peter mcbrinde * Angela Griffiths * Terre des Hommes (Germany) * the people of the village itself * the people of the village itself * Alice Vandervoort and friends * China by Bike * Lau chen yue * GE Bell * Steve, Lori, Davis, and Park Orth * Royal High School & King Edwards Junior School, Bath * Howard Pan * Lucy Ridout * Ellen Bradley * Reis-idee Travel Advice: www.reis-idee.nl/english-summary * Dave Schaller * United World College South East Asia * Mark Beamish * Etonhouse International School * Robert Smith & family * Zena Carter * Anonymous * the people of the village itself * Ann McVey * Lisette van Dessel
2016Marguerite Kelley McElroy * Melea Bardal * Kevin & Alison Kenny * Eva Behringer * Catherine Schieve * Clayton Smith * Laura Jordan (Swizterland) & Jeanne Bonacina Lhommet (France) and their families and friends * Genevieve Moeckel * Heather Williams * Lesley Morgan Thompson and Alvin W. Thompson * Patrick Sarnacke * IBBY Asahi Reading Promotion Award * The British School of Nanjing * Anonymous * Charles and Helen Dake * Helen and Chuck Dake * Jacek Nikodem * Diana Loepfe and Martina Kueng * Douglas Doty * Charles Felsenthal * Emelie Strömshed (Note To Self books, Sweden) * Kieran Doyle * Molly Bostic * Wilhelm-Roepke-Schule in Ettlingen, Germany * Miki Scheidel * Svenja Breitenstein * Stewardship * Sheldon * Prana Yoga KL * David Calver * susan pasley * Deborah Saunders * Myriam Lallinger * the people of the village itself * Sam Dunn * the people of the village itself * Belmont School * Lauren and Jack Brown * Anonymous * Laos Mood Travel * the people of the village itself * World Challenge Mansfield SC * the people of the village itself * Trish Gribben * World Food Programe and USDA * Indochina Services (ICS) * Vance Huntley * Thomas and Bonnie Clarke * Jeanne Ratzloff * Sasha Alyson * Melissa Reese * Julie McIntyre * Jens Wegener * Helen Parry * Charlie Weeks * Beth Kelly * nancy merritt * Colin Cotterill and Books for Laos * Markus Hartung from Berlin, Germany * the people of the village itself * William Cohen * the people of the village itself * Kim Gibson * Terre des Hommes (Germany) * A357 GmbH, Winterthur, Switzerland * Karen Embree * Brian & Gerry Warren * the people of the village itself * Alice Vandervoort * the people of the village itself * Katharina Wimmer * Deborah Carlsson * Peggy Horn * Nicole Zimmerman * Leah Camhi * Rebecca Jennings * Donation by Mark & Allie Williams * Mark & Allie Williams * Chris Kelly * Steve, Lori, Davis, and Park Orth * Fiona Clark * Doris Niepalla * Connie Potter and Chris Thomas * John & Jean Burton * Robert Moyer, Cathy Lee, and Jason Moyer-Lee * the people of the village itself * Tamara Jannink * Doug Ewart * Susan Horie * Clayton Karkosh * Krystle TSE * Susan Wood * the people of the village itself * Ian Terry * Margo Weinstein * basmati - authentic help * the people of the village itself * James Cook University, Singapore * Zena Carter * Maria Decker * Vientiane International School * Erika Limacher * International Grammar School * Lin Palmer * Anonymous * Michael Nava * the people of the village itself * Anna and Ollie Yeoman in New Zealand * the people of the village itself * John Gee & Kathy Kronenberg * Ann McVey * Friends from the Phi Tejada * Alberto Andrea Denzler * Neil Kinghorn
Most village children still have no access to books. Come see what happens at a book party. Will you sponsor or co-sponsor one?