Literacy doesn't mean much if there's nothing to read. These people and organizations have brought new books to Laos during the past two years, by sponsoring the publication of a title. Thank you!
* Peggy Horn, (Australia) and Manoj and Bory Paul and A Sing, (USA, Cambodia, India): English is Fun!
* Robert Smith & family (U.K): Festivals Coloring Book
* the Cubit Family, and Peggy Horn (Australia): A and B went out to C
* The Cubit Family (Australia) and Manoj and Bory Paul and A Sing (USA, Cambodia, India): Farmer Yia Pao
* Peggy Horn, and Zena Carter (Australia): The Mother Fox and Her Puppies
* Champa Foundation in memory of Jan Leisink, (Netherlands) and an anonymous donor (Australia): Yellow Book about Insects
* Chris & Marilee Lucas (New Zealand): The Monkey King
* Mark & Allie Williams (United States): The Monkey is Elected to be King of the Animals
* Planet Wheeler Foundation, (Australia): The Story of Big Brother Mouse
* Peggy Horn, (Australia) and Manoj and Bory Paul and A Sing, (USA, Cambodia, India): Phiipop
* Manoj and Bory Paul, (USA and Cambodia), the Cubit Family (Australia), Phiiphong
* Manoj and Bory Paul, (USA and Cambodia), the Cubit Family (Australia), and the IBBY Asahi Reading Promotion Award (Switzerland and Japan): I Can Read! #4: The Deer Runs Fast
* Julie McIntyre, Zena Carter, and an anonymous donor (all in Australia): I Can Read! #3: The Duck Walks Slowly
* Lesley Morgan Thompson and Alvin W. Thompson (United States): King Giant and the Honey Seller
* Helen and Chuck Dake (United States): Two Buffaloes Dance and Beat the Drum
* Lin Palmer (England): The Toad King
* Sri KDU International School (Malaysia), the runners, volunteers, and sponsors of the 2015 Luang Prabang Half Marathon (Laos), and The Australian Embassy in Vientiane: Frog, Alligator, Buffalo (Oversize teacher edition)
* The Australian Embassy in Vientiane, Cubit Family Foundation, and Brian & Gerry Warren (all of Australia): The English Picture Dictionary
* GNS Ceramics Pty Ltd. (Australia): No Bananas
* Tamara Jannink (Netherlands): Dinosaurs!
* The Australian Embassy in Vientiane, Peggy Horn (Australia), and Manoj and Bory Paul and A Sing (USA, Cambodia, India): The Hungry Frog, Siddhartha and the Swan, Lao Proverbs and The Giant Vine
* The Australian Embassy in Laos, Charles Felsenthal (USA), and Peggy Horn (Australia): Good Manners; Mulberry and Lotus; Kidnapped; Fly, Fly, Fly! and I Can Speak English!
* Planet Wheeler (Australia), Glencoe Family Foundation (USA) and the Australian Embassy in Laos: Our Lives Together
Will you join them to help promote literacy in Laos? Here's the list of titles that still need a sponsor.
Village book parties
These people have donated enough to sponsor a book party and donate more books to a rural village school. Thank you!
2017Terre des Hommes (Germany) * Reis-idee Travel Advice: www.reis-idee.nl/english-summary * the people of the village itself * Gabriele Eipeldauer * Ann McVey * Ellen Bradley * Clayton Smith * Alissa Ayden * Simon Weston * katherine link * Florian Reinhard & Alex Robert * Mark Beamish * Jackie and Martin Cunliffe * Martin & Jackie Cunliffe * Jacek Nikodem * Robin Wieruch * John Miller * the people of the village itself * the people of the village itself * Chris & Marilee Lucas * Anonymous * Tatsumi Elementary School in Tokyo, Japan (care of Ben Schwartz and Miki Schwartz) * Chris Ashton & Emma Morton * Yatai Food Cart, Denver, CO, USA * Veronique Hunziker * Stewardship * Angela Griffiths * Melissa Reese * Patrick Sarnacke * David and Joan Adrion * Tomoko Maeda * Peter mcbrinde * GE Bell * Melbourne Girls Grammar School * Julie McIntyre * Lau chen yue * Alice Vandervoort and friends * the people of the village itself * Brittany&Andrew Hart * Royal High School & King Edwards Junior School, Bath * Jens Wegener * Anonymous * China by Bike * Ray Faulkner * Howard Pan * Barbara Goedecke * Steve, Lori, Davis, and Park Orth * Lucy Ridout * Maartje Muskens * Zena Carter * Robert Smith & family * Dave Schaller
2016Anonymous * Lesley Morgan Thompson and Alvin W. Thompson * Susan Horie * Terre des Hommes (Germany) * the people of the village itself * nancy merritt * Ann McVey * Katharina Wimmer * Clayton Smith * Eva Behringer * Leah Camhi * Beth Kelly * Ian Terry * Deborah Carlsson * Indochina Services (ICS) * Jacek Nikodem * Clayton Karkosh * Chris Kelly * Rebecca Jennings * The British School of Nanjing * Laura Jordan (Swizterland) & Jeanne Bonacina Lhommet (France) and their families and friends * Vientiane International School * the people of the village itself * Marguerite Kelley McElroy * the people of the village itself * Erika Limacher * Anonymous * Michael Nava * Emelie Strömshed (Note To Self books, Sweden) * John & Jean Burton * the people of the village itself * IBBY Asahi Reading Promotion Award * Douglas Doty * Nicole Zimmerman * the people of the village itself * Charles Felsenthal * Karen Embree * Tamara Jannink * Connie Potter and Chris Thomas * David Calver * the people of the village itself * John Gee & Kathy Kronenberg * Miki Scheidel * Svenja Breitenstein * Sam Dunn * Prana Yoga KL * James Cook University, Singapore * Wilhelm-Roepke-Schule in Ettlingen, Germany * susan pasley * Robert Moyer, Cathy Lee, and Jason Moyer-Lee * Colin Cotterill and Books for Laos * Doris Niepalla * the people of the village itself * A357 GmbH, Winterthur, Switzerland * Doug Ewart * the people of the village itself * Stewardship * Kevin & Alison Kenny * Deborah Saunders * Diana Loepfe and Martina Kueng * Laos Mood Travel * the people of the village itself * Helen and Chuck Dake * Charles and Helen Dake * Belmont School * Melissa Reese * Alberto Andrea Denzler * the people of the village itself * Patrick Sarnacke * the people of the village itself * Charlie Weeks * Heather Williams * the people of the village itself * William Cohen * Catherine Schieve * Melea Bardal * Sheldon * World Challenge Mansfield SC * Margo Weinstein * Lin Palmer * World Food Programe and USDA * Trish Gribben * Julie McIntyre * the people of the village itself * Brian & Gerry Warren * Alice Vandervoort * Neil Kinghorn * Anna and Ollie Yeoman in New Zealand * Jens Wegener * Kim Gibson * Thomas and Bonnie Clarke * Anonymous * Krystle TSE * International Grammar School * Myriam Lallinger * Genevieve Moeckel * Donation by Mark & Allie Williams * Mark & Allie Williams * Susan Wood * Vance Huntley * Helen Parry * Steve, Lori, Davis, and Park Orth * Sasha Alyson * Kieran Doyle * Lauren and Jack Brown * Peggy Horn * Friends from the Phi Tejada * Zena Carter * Jeanne Ratzloff * basmati - authentic help * Maria Decker * Markus Hartung from Berlin, Germany * Fiona Clark * Molly Bostic
Most village children still have no access to books. Come see what happens at a book party. Will you sponsor or co-sponsor one?